Five Star Carpet Cleaning & Restoration in Gilbert, AZ
Ink on your carpet? This does not have to be the death of your carpet, at least not here in Gilbert, AZ. So how do you get rid of seemingly impossible ink stains that leave your carpet looking ruined? The first step is to take action on the ink stain as soon as possible. The drier the ink becomes, the harder it is to remove, so don’t delay once you see the stain.
HOW TO REMOVE PERMANENT MARKER OR BALL POINT INK STAINS FROM CARPET
1. Using cheap lacquer hairspray, spray the hairspray onto the stain. This will soften the ink.
2. Using a clean white towel, gently blot the stain. Do not rub or scrub, this will spread the ink.
3. Repeat this process using a clean area of the towel until the stain has disappeared.
4. Once the area is stain-free, dab the area with a towel dipped in lukewarm water to rinse.
(If this doesn’t remove all of the permanent ink stain from your carpet, repeat the steps above with rubbing alcohol, but some permanent markers are in fact permanent!)
HOW TO REMOVE WATER-BASED INK STAINS FROM CARPET
1. Mix 1 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid with lukewarm water.
2. Dab a towel into the solution, then dab the towel onto the ink stain.
3. Repeat this process until stain has disappeared.
For more information on How To Remove Ink Stains From Carpet in Gilbert, AZ please contact us at 480-450-5871.