Five Star Carpet Cleaning in Casa Grande, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, AZ
East Valley 480-450-5871
Casa Grande 520-836-2152
Did your dog chew on a pen on while lounging on your carpet and leave you with a terrible ink stain? This does not have to be the death of your carpet, it happens more often than you might think. It CAN be removed, so don't freak out!
How do you get rid of seemingly impossible ink stains that leave your carpet looking ruined? The first step is to take action on the stain as soon as possible. The drier the ink becomes, the harder it is to remove, so don’t wait once you see that stain.
HOW TO REMOVE PERMANENT MARKER OR BALL POINT INK STAINS FROM CARPET
1. Use a cheap lacquer hairspray and spray onto the stain. This will soften the ink.
2. Using a clean white towel, gently blot the stain. Do not rub or scrub, this will spread the ink.
3. Work from the outside to the inside of the stain.
4. Repeat this process using a clean area of the towel until the stain has disappeared.
5. Once the area is stain-free, dab the area with a towel dipped in lukewarm water to rinse.
(If this doesn’t remove all of the permanent ink stain from your carpet, repeat the steps above with rubbing alcohol, but some permanent markers are in fact permanent!)
HOW TO REMOVE WATER-BASED INK STAINS FROM CARPET
1. Mix 1 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid with lukewarm water.
2. Dab a towel into the solution, then dab the towel onto the ink stain.
3. Do not rub or scrub, this will spread the ink. Work from the outside to the inside of the stain.
4. Repeat this process until stain has disappeared.
To Schedule or For more information on How To Remove Ink From Carpet in Casa Grande, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, AZ please contact us at 480-450-5871.