Five Star Carpet Cleaning & Restoration in Casa Grande, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, AZ
East Valley 480-450-5871
Casa Grande 520-836-2152
When you ask how to get blood stains out of your carpet, the key thing to remember (as with all stains) is the sooner you act, the better chance you will have at successfully removing the stain. If a blood stain has time to set in your carpet, it may become more difficult to remove. If the blood stain you’re trying to remove is already dry, try to loosen the stain by breaking it up with your shoe or a stiff sponge.
Try this method to get blood stains out of your carpet first. It is usually successful and is the easiest method.
- Spray or squirt regular hydrogen peroxide directly onto the blood stain.
- Take a clean, white cloth and dip it in warm water.
- Blot wet cloth directly on the blood stain, repeatedly, rinsing cloth out with water as necessary.
- Repeat steps until the stain has disappeared.
If the first method does not get all of the blood out of your carpet, follow these steps.
- Mix one-half cup of warm water with one tablespoon of vinegar.
- Using a cloth or sponge, apply the solution directly onto the blood stain .
- Blot the stain until the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Repeat until the blood stain is no longer visible.
- Apply a sponge dipped in cold water to the area to rinse, and blot dry.
Here is another way to tackle removing the stain if you would rather not mix-up a solution.
- Fill a spray bottle with cold water (if you don’t have a spray bottle, you can wet a white towel and apply it to the stain.)
- Spray the cold water onto the blood stain.
- If the stain is rather large, spray the stain from the outside, working your way in. This will prevent the blood stain from spreading and bleeding onto a larger area of the carpet.
- Use a wet-vac to suck out the moisture (if you don’t have a wet-vac, use a dry towel to blot the stain.)
- Continue to repeat steps 1 through 4 until the blood stain disappears.
- To help the area dry faster, point a fan directly at the stain for a few minutes to completely dry the area.
- Once the area is dry, vacuum to remove any excess dirt or stain residue.
If you still have a blood stain on your carpet that you just can't get out call Five Star, we can get it out for you!
To Schedule or For more information on How To Get Blood Stains Out of Carpet in Casa Grande, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, AZ Call 480-450-5871 Today!